Want to join the energy and creativity of the data industry? We are expanding our service and need to strengthen our team with VP Engineering to lead our talented global R&D team. We are at the midst of building a R&D unit in Hyderabad, India.
Planning, execution, follow-up and release: you will be directing your virtual team on a daily basis, prioritizing and defining tasks and keeping backlogs in order. You will start and lead new R&D projects and take care of the SW execution of new business requirements.
We expect you to have a very technical background, preferably as a developer and a proven track record on leading agile engineering teams.
We offer you a once-in-a-career opportunity to play a key role in shaping an industry-defining service.
Thirdpresence is the next generation Buying Intent Data platform. Thirdpresence people are currently working in Helsinki, London, New York, Hyderabad, Barcelona and Tel Aviv.
We are now seeking for a Vice President Engineering, a passionate leader to coach, inspire, and drive performance of a team of talented software engineers and senior managers. By utilizing your strong management and technical competencies in agile software development you set objectives, drive performance and ensure continuous delivery of new capabilities. The Engineering team size is projected to triple over the next 12 months.
You need to be a self-starter and have the desire to hit the ground running. Reporting to Chief Product Officer and CEO, you will be leading our software engineering team and working very closely with our Product team to deliver world leading data platform.
You have built a reputation as a person who always delivers on your promises with the right balance of can-do attitude and process. You need to have a good knowledge of digital media, ad technology, a strong entrepreneurial drive and communication skills.
- Set the vision for Thirdpresence’s technology and architecture to pave the way as the world’s leading Buying Intent Data company over the next decade.
- Develop & deliver the technology roadmap in collaboration with the CPO.
- Set, evangelize, and enforce our processes both within the team and in the organization at large.
- Run the day-to-day management of Engineering organization with an emphasis on results, recruiting, and helping to mentor & develop front-line managers.
- 10+ years in internet, platform or ad tech software development with 5+ years track record of successfully managing, recruiting, developing, & scaling world class engineering teams
- Working experience in smaller orgs / start-ups is a plus as it helps you understand our culture and way of working
- Marketplace experience would be a key asset
- Ops experience a big plus (cloud and / or own servers)
- Compelling communicator with both tech & non-tech audiences, who inspires and motivates
- Have a solid educational foundation through a computer science degree and being a technologist at heart
- Fluent written and spoken English language skills are required.
- Ability to work under pressure and with strict deadlines
- Experience in managing offshore and virtual development teams
We offer you
- Key position in high-growth, profitable, cross-cultural and innovative company
- Speed, agility and culture of a startup, including a massive global potential with highly scalable business model
- Possibility to be building something unique by being in charge of the future of Thirdpresence technology and architecture
- Smart, professional and likeable people to work with
- Competitive compensation
Location: Helsinki, London, NYC, Hyderabad India or anywhere
How to apply
Send your CV & Cover Letter via email to email@example.com with the subject “Application for Vice President Of Engineering”.
Alternatively, apply on LinkedIn.