Purpose of the job
- Executes the technical and operational part of product strategy
- Controls the technical specifications for a specified set of products.
- Is a major stakeholder in devising product messaging
- Communicates the vision and value of new products to the sales team and develops sales tools that facilitate the selling process
- Coordinates and facilitates cross-team product-related projects
- Obtains insights into customers’ usage of current products, untapped opportunities and buyer personas, through
- presentations and meetings with customers
- interviews, surveys, focus groups and sales data
- Uses market research data to establish product pricing
- Creates the information content of the following deliverables for stakeholders:
- Sales: presentations, Q&A/wiki, battle cards, cheat sheets
- Marketing: social media, website and blog content
- Management: competitive analysis, product strategy execution follow-up
- Performs User Acceptance Testing at the end of the sprint
- Researches competitor offerings
- Checks in a dialogue with stakeholders that the user stories have sufficient clarity for developers to implement.
- Investigates existing solutions and prior requests for similar features.
- Prioritizes user stories under supervision and in collaboration with the stakeholders.
Management of the backlog
- Takes care of the backlog from the product management perspective
- Periodic backlog grooming sessions according to process with R&D stakeholders
- Regular syncs on progress with management
Interaction with commercial stakeholders
- Provides clear information with all relevant data.
- Uses official communication tools to leave a trail.
Knowledge management and best practices
● Is familiar with the best practices for product management
● Conducting internal cross-trainings as needed
● Demos the product changes pre-release to the stakeholders together with the tech team
Required knowledge and skills
- Experience in working in the programmatic advertising industry, in a DSP or DMP context
- Experience in writing requirements and managing a backlog
- At least 2 years’ experience of product management
- Experience of working in the customer interface
- Knowledge of agile development
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- Corporate language skills; fluent written and spoken English
- Understanding company’s business and needs
- Proven ability to write well-defined user stories and requirements that have clear, testable acceptance criteria
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Analytical mindset
- Systematic approach to working
- Strong sense of responsibility
- Good teamwork skills
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills